Overall themes of what we heard from you
We asked and you told us what you would like us to focus on in our Regional Pest Management Plan. Below are the overall themes that we heard.
1. There is a high demand for more engagement and consultation with community groups, and in general more engagement with the general public.
2. There were a number of people and groups looking for a more collaborative approach i.e. both working with community groups and also for GWRC to work closer with our Council partners to present a more united front.
3. GWRC should act as more of a facilitator rather than the practitioner, and assist in the coordination of community groups more. We should work with and support community groups.
4. We should consider stopping application of aerial 1080 aerially, and undertake more trapping in the region (as opposed to aerial application).
5. We need to balance the wants of recreational hunters with the undertaking of pest control, and utilise these groups moreWhat do you think? Anything else to add?
The Plan has now launched - thanks for your input